Melanie Taryn Lieberman
Experienced editor and writer dedicated to covering travel news and stories that inspire and inform, with a proven history of producing high-performing content for both print and digital.
Travel + Leisure Magazine, New York, NY
Associate Digital Editor, August 2016 — Present
– Write and edit news articles, features, slideshows, and destination guides.
– Contribute regular in-book articles and content.
– Manage a roster of extraordinary writers from around the world.
– Overhauled the America’s Favorite Places survey and develop content.
– Manage World’s Best Awards online-exclusive features.
– Create Facebook videos, Instagram stories, and social copy.
– Spearheaded our SEO strategy and more than doubled monthly output.
– Represent the brand at travel conferences and events.
Assistant Digital Editor, May 2015 — August 2016
– Wrote SEO-optimized articles, consumer news pieces, and long-form features. Contributed to in-book packages.
– Developed our World’s Best Awards edit calendar and online content.
– Represented the brand at desk sides and events.
– Wrote and edited scripts for brand-wide video projects.
Editorial Projects Assistant and Intern, August 2013 — January 2015
– Wrote in-book articles and content for NATJA-awarded news blog.
– Helped develop long-term projects like the first-of-its-kind Cruise Finder.
– Editor on Local Experts project.
– Pitched, researched, and fact-checked.
– Wrote articles and content, both in-book as well as online.
– Pitched, researched, fact-checked. Reviewed unsolicited submissions.
– Created advertorial content.
– Managed brand-wide contacts and databases.
Writer and Editor, September 2008 — Present
– Lifestyle articles, creative nonfiction, and news for outlets including SAVEUR, Bloomberg, Yahoo Travel, Thrillist, Lifestyle Mirror, The Connecticut Review, Jetsetter, Boston Common, and LUXE City Guides.
– Create web copy and branded content.
– Fact-checked and copyedited as a temp Research Assistant at T+L.
Boston Common Magazine, Boston, MA
Editorial Intern, September 2011 — May 2013
– Wrote print and online articles and copy for the luxury lifestyle magazine.
– Researched, fact-checked, and edited text.
– Trained incoming editorial and marketing interns.